Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Hello. How aar?

I've never really been one for collaborative work. I don't usually find it very productive. What's that saying? "When birds fly in a V, they need exert only half the effort. Even in nature, teamwork results in collective laziness." Group work needs a lot of compromise to be able to satisfy everyone. I'm hoping this blog will make me realize that it's worth the effort and that a certain sense of responsibility towards others will push me out of my deep seated instinct of slacking.

Well, I guess I should write a little about myself. Wish I could say I was a Jack of all trades, but really, I'm more the Jill who came tumbling after. I'm no good at any particular thing, except maybe randomness and disorder. And of course, procrastination.

I spent the first 15 years of my life in the same house. Except the first one year, but well, I don't remember that one. To me, "home" is a sense of stability, of something where nothing changes. When I go back home, the first thing I do is take a walk around and ensure that I know of anything that might be new. Which switch is for the fan and which one for the light, even in the dark, in a house which I'm visiting after an year, is something ingrained in my sub-conscience. Which is why to me it will forever be incomprehensible how families which move every year or two cope.

After those initial years, the next 5 have been spent in 7 different hostel rooms. The 3 birthdays one ever does celebrate with pomp and show - 16, 18 and 21 - have been in Singaland, a place which feels more like home to me than India. Never one to be homesick, I seem to adapt to new places fairly quickly. It sometimes amazes even me how routine and even mundane a completely new lifestyle can become within a very short period of time.

I think I use sarcasm when I'm not sure how to respond. I love collecting quotes. I drop my phone too often. I stumble on flat ground. I love watching depressing TV shows and worrying about other people's problems rather than my own. I love people who make me laugh. And I've often wondered why I can't be one of those nice people whom everyone likes and who get along with everyone. But I guess I quite like having the freedom of saying whatever pops into my mind without giving too much of a damn.

And yep, I'll be providing the oestrogen to keep this blog balanced. Until next time, folks! Ta.

No comments:

Post a Comment